Sounds Better With Reverb has premiered the second single & title track from the upcoming Dear Tracks' Soft Dreams EP. Matt Messore also took some time out to talk to Sjimon Gompers of Impose Magazine about the Soft Dreams recording process, cat cafes, and his winter survival tips.
Daniel B. Lynch was involved in a car accident when a car in a left turn lane suddenly jerked right and into his path. He's okay and the accident wasn't his fault, but his van that he uses for his gigs (for Sunglow, Crazy Bag Lady, The Lipschitz, and more) was totalled. A few days later, Daniel was playing a special event where someone tampered with his MPC (which Daniel uses to make all of his music) and completely fried it, rendering it useless.
We're asking you to help our friend. If you know Daniel, you know how kind, caring, and lovable he is... not to mention his killer De Niro impression.
Read more about it in Do Savannah's article.
GoldFlakePaint premieres the debut single "Brushes Like A Fox" from Saint Corsair saying it's "...part opulent pop song and part languid, withdrawn nightly mumble – and it makes for a consuming and stirring three minutes or so."
2015, wow. It's been a great year and we have so many people to thank for it. Artists, musicians, writers & bloggers, friends & family, and you—our incredibly rad fans! (Over 1,000 of you now... so awesome!)
Here are some 2015 highlights:
- A 90s basketball compilation now exists in the world on vinyl/cassette/zine (and got mentioned in Rolling Stone)
- An incredible super-release from Heavy Boots feat. Triathalon
- Two amazing reissues on cassette (Sunglow and Black Water Choir)
- A deluxe cassette release for Heavenly Beat's Eucharist ("Body" & "Blood")
- We got to work with the greatest rock band in Athens, GA (Grand Vapids)
- Our first DIY release in a long time for pick-up-and-punk band Trophy Wives ("Panty-Pouch" cassettes)
- Fifth year in Halloween Split Releases (1,000 Pieces & Blood Cousin)
- Held our 2nd label showcase ever at Savannah Stopover
- Got runner-up best local record label in Connect Savannah's Best of 2015 (behind our good friends Graveface Records)
Huge thank you to everyone! Can't wait for the new year—working with plenty of new artists, labels... oh the plans!
Stay rad, Furhoof.
Enter NEWYEAR at checkout for a 10% discount on everything at http://furioushooves.bandcamp.com/merch
Bill at hissing lawns was kind enough to do a blog-blast of all things furhoof!
•Furious Hoops Vol. 01 gets the tape treatment for Cassette Store Day this Saturday. Check out the new video from Gnaw Rains' contribution... and learn about sportsmanship.
•Unfortunately, our other CSD release STAY RAD SAV has ben postponed, but it's still coming. More info on that soon.
•New Heavy Boots music video for "So Long" off of new Triathalon-collaboration album Sister Lives.
•AND we'll have a table at Graveface Records & Curiosities Friday, for their 4th anniversary block party. 6pm, stop bye... we'll have stuff! Consider it a pre-game to their all-day (and night) Graveface Fright Fest on Saturday which you should also attend. Buy tickets below.
Available at your local (participating) record & cassette store on Saturday, 17 October 2015.*
Furious Hoops Vol.01 – This compilation collects music and art to pay homage to the greatest era of basketball in human history—the 1990s. Musicians and artists from all around the globe gathered together to create something as memorable, unique, and furious as the players who inspired it. Furious Hooves is proud to present to you Volume One of this collection known as Furious Hoops. Pop it in the deck, lace up the kicks, and head to the court.
Features exclusive music from side projects & members of Wild Nothing, Mac DeMarco/Homeshake, Triathalon, Sauna Heat, and more! More info can be found here: www.furioushooves.com/furious-hoops
*Pay attention to our Furhoof Giftshop this weekend as well if you live in an area missing out on the joys of tape hiss.
1. Blackrune – Commencement
2. Sauna Heat – The Palace
3. Nevin Kight- Plays
4. Heavy Boots – Dear Charles
5. Old Season – Assist Masters
6. Hawaiin Boi – Varsity Cool
7. Michael Myerz – Space Jam
8. Homeshake – He’s Heating Up
9. Hallucinex – Pat Ewing
12. 1,000 Pieces – Where You Go
13. Gnaw Rains – White Chocolate, Black Pleather
– “Basketball-Orange” Cassette Tape w/ Black Imprint
– 4-Panel J-Card w/liners & credits
– Mint 1990s NBA Trading Card
– Furhoof “Bigfoot Baller” Sticker
– Download Card for album & PDF of Furious Hoops Compendium Zine**
**The zine, which was designed & curated by Ryan McCardle (art director & graphic designer for Captured Tracks / Omnian Music Group, Graveface Records, and others), collects hoops-inspired artwork from world-renown artists including Tim Cohen (The Fresh & Onlys, Magic Trick), Michael Skattum (Toy Designer, formerly of Wild Nothing), Joey Goodwin & John Gagliano (Unruly Heir), Liz Pavlovic (Crash Symbols label & Secret Decoder blog), Jose Ray, Rachael Perisho, and many many more.
"Sister Lives sounds like a late summer dream that makes its way into autumn when everything cools off and slows down giving your mind a room to ponder and reflect."
—Independent Music News
Wake the Deaf premiered the new music video from Heavy Boots' latest EP Sister Lives. "So Long" was shot & directed by Triathalon's Chad Chilton, along with help from Rachael Perisho and Maria Gelsomini in Savannah, GA.