The press release came out today for the local bands playing the Savannah Stopover Festival this year… and guess what – Furious Hooves has two bands playing: Blackrune and mumbledust! Here’s part of the press release as mentioned on Bill Dawer’s Savannah Unplugged. Read more here.
The folks at Savannah Stopover have confirmed local bands that will be performing during the March festival, as well as venues that will be used.
First, as detailed in this morning’s press release, the venues:
- *Forsyth Park Bandshell- 3/8 of Montreal Free Concert (All Ages)
- *Knights Of Columbus Hall- (All Ages)
- *Club One
- *Taco Abajo (All Ages)
- Ships of The Sea North Garden (All Ages)
- The Jepson Center for The Arts (All Ages)
- The Jinx
- Hang Fire Bar
- Congress Street Social Club (All Ages until 10pm)
- The Sparetime (Artist Lounge + music downstairs)
Those marked with an asterisk are being used by Stopover for the first time. The Knights of Columbus Hall is on Liberty at Bull, but for the most part the venues are pretty tightly clustered in the northwest quadrant of downtown.
The confirmed local Savannah acts are:
- Bear Fight!
- City Hotel
- Clouds & Satellites
- Damon & the Shitkickers
- Deep Search
- Eric Britt
- Jamison Murphy
- Lovely Locks
- Sincerely, Iris
- The Accomplices
- The Trainwrecks
- Wet Socks
- Whiskey Dick